Our Sandbox environment allows you to simulate users and financial institutions with the full Dapi API workflow.
Use Sandbox to:
- Test login process with Connect
- Access and experiment with all endpoints supported by the Data API and Payment API
- Simulate real bank behavior including MFA and responses
- Get comfortable with our system before going live with your users’ financial data
The sandbox simulates all of the Dapi API endpoints and real bank behavior for supported banks. Because the sandbox acts like a real system, bank behavior varies as follows:
- Each bank has its own authentication process with different MFA types and requests.
- Adding a beneficiary includes a beneficiary cooldown period that corresponds to the bank's production environment.
- Some banks have alternative flows, such as lack of adding a beneficiary for Liv bank.
Before testing DAPI APIs in the sandbox environment, you should first create at least two Sandbox Users.
Creating a Sandbox User means that you create a fictional end-user, with a fictional bank account, in a sandbox bank of your choice. You can then use the Sandbox User to log into the sandbox bank and retrieve the Sandbox User's accounts, transactions, etc. You will also be able to transfer money between Sandbox Users.
Navigate to Dashboard -> Apps -> Your App -> Sandbox -> Create a Sandbox User
- Sandbox Bank: select a bank from the dropdown list
- Sandbox Username : username of your choice
- Sandbox Password : password of your choice
After a successful Sandbox User creation, you will be able to see the User in the Sandbox Users table.
Every Sandbox User that you create automatically has an identity and accounts. Users created in certain banks will also have automatically pre-populated transaction history, which is in an identical format to the real transaction history you would receive for a regular user in that bank in the production environment. See which Sandbox banks support it here.
Are you creating Sandbox Users to test transfers?
If you want to test bank transfers using sandbox users, make sure to create at least 2 different Sandbox Users. Transfer in the sandbox environment can only be made from one sandbox user to another sandbox user.
If you ever run out of balance in a Sandbox Bank Account, you can easily change the balance to a desired amount. Click on the account, enter a new balance and click Update.
Every Sandbox User by default has one account. If you want to test a situation where one user has multiple sub-accounts in one bank, you can add more accounts to your Sandbox User.
For example, in real life, a person can have an account in Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank. Within that account the user can have a current account, a credit account and a savings account.
In order to create an additional account, click the NEW button on the Accounts column and provide the following information:
- Acount Name: user's account name (You can see it on the Account Information dialog when you click an account from the Sandbox Users table.)
- Account Number: user's account number (You can see it on the Account Information dialog)
- IBAN: user's IBAN (You can see it on the Account Information dialog)
- Account Type: choose a value from the dropdown
- Balance: set a starting balance for the account
- Currency: choose the currency for the account from the dropdown
Updated about 1 month ago